Web-based Solutions for Staff
Webtools is a free application suite provided by Web Services. Our applications are designed and developed to meet the needs of the university community. These valuable online resources provide in-house communications and marketing solutions to faculty and staff. You can log into Webtools to gain access to those applications as well as support documentation.
Webtools features include:
- Enterprise communication and marketing solutions
- Blogs and webpage services
- Bulletins for sending weekly general-interest newsletters
- Web calendars for units and departments feeding into the master campus calendars
- Web forms and surveys for collecting data
- Email+ for emailing services
- Massmail for communicating with targeted campus audiences
- Short URLs for redirecting your long URLs
- Group Manager for managing all of the groups and users served by Webtools
- Campus Directory for managing profiles
- Services are continuously enhanced and improved
- All University of Illinois faculty and staff can access
- Students are not granted access
- Student workers: Faculty/staff members can request access for supervised student workers assisting in a departmental project
- Businesses and other outside entities are not granted access to Webtools unless they are directly developing work for a university promotion
The Webtools security model allows for many different levels of access including admins, managers, CCOs, unit admins, campus admins and System admins. This model allows complete flexibility for the 750 units using Webtools to configure and implement a strategy that works no matter the size of the unit’s IT team.
Communications staff members can reach out to their unit’s CCO with questions regarding Webtools.
If you need further assistance with Webtools, please fill out this simple form to contact Web Services.